This spring, Articulture and partners across Wales and the UK launch #OpenOut2022 – a series of commissions and development opportunities for Artists who want to create and tour new outdoor arts in Wales, the UK and Ireland.
Do you have an idea for an outdoor arts project or performance?
It’s simple – just contact us to say hello.
To watch a video of the call-out in BSL, click here.
Create & Tour – Wales
Note: the deadline for this opportunity (11/03/22) has passed.
We have three new commissions for under-represented Artists who want to develop and tour new outdoor arts in Wales and:
* identify as D/deaf or Disabled
* are from Black and/or other Global Majority backgrounds
* and/or want to develop and present work exclusively in the Welsh language.
These commissions will be supported by leading venues and festivals from across Wales working together as the Wales Outdoor Arts Consortium (WOAC), managed by Articulture.
The three resulting outdoor works will tour to the WOAC partners’ locations in 2022, and Artists will receive additional performance fees accordingly.
* Artists can apply for up to £5000 to create the work
* Articulture will support the selected Artists at each stage of creating and touring the work – this can include producing, mentorship, production and marketing support
* There will also be a professional development opportunity for the selected Artists to visit ‘Out There Festival’ in Great Yarmouth (September 2022) to see new international outdoor arts and make connections.
Opportunity #2 – Four Nations Outdoor Arts Bursary
(formerly ‘Create & Tour – UK & Ireland’)
In partnership with a new Four Nations partnership led by Surge in Scotland, bringing together four outdoor arts networks with festivals in Scotland, Ireland, Wales and England.
The aim is to create a selection of new outdoor arts pieces which will tour to festivals in all four nations in summer 2022. The selected artists/companies will receive a budget of £5000 towards the creation of the proposed outdoor arts piece, professional mentoring from the festivals and each of the partnership networks and a three-day residency at Out There Arts in Great Yarmouth. Click here for the full details.
Application deadline: Friday 29th April at 5pm
Connecting & Developing Outdoor Arts Ideas
For everybody – those with just the beginnings of ideas, those wanting to expand their networks, those with work ready to pitch – we will have a range of other opportunities for Artists developing new outdoor arts ideas in Wales in 2022.
These include –
* Networking events to share your ideas with key industry Programmers and Producers
* Ongoing surgeries with outdoor arts Producers, providing focused support to develop your idea
In need of something else? Just get in touch.
Is it for me?
We welcome everyone. No matter what your background or experience – please get in touch for a chat.
The spirit of #OpenOut2022 is ‘opening out’ – opening out new places, ideas and possibilities outdoors together.
We are especially keen to hear about ideas and projects that:
* Are performative and/or interactive
* Bring people from different backgrounds to collaborate together
The lead artist must be based in Wales, and the work must be intended for outdoors.
Visit the Articulture website to see the outdoor arts work we have helped create in the past – https://articulture-wales.co.uk/book/
Get In Touch
If you have an idea, want to apply for a commission or would like more information, contact us to say hello.
You can do this by email, phone-call, text, WhatsApp or on our social media:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone (calls or text) – 07504 501 507
Facebook – www.facebook.com/ArticultureWales
Twitter – https://twitter.com/Articulture_
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/articulture_wales/
#OpenOut2022 is supported by the Arts Council of Wales, Articulture and the Wales Outdoor Arts Consortium.
Image – Nic Finch @chameleonic