Application deadline: 5pm, 17th November 2022
Following a successful tour this year, Articulture, in collaboration with Surge, are once again offering artists based in Wales the opportunity to apply for a bursary and artist development opportunity “Four Nations Outdoor Arts Bursary”.
Bursaries will be awarded to applicants from Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland. The aim is to create a selection of new outdoor arts pieces which will tour to festivals in all four nations in Summer 2023: Surge Festival (Scotland in partnership with Articulation), Spraoi (Ireland in partnership with ISACS), Green Man (Wales in partnership with Articulture) and Out There (England in partnership with Outdoor Arts UK).
The selected artists/companies will receive a budget of £5000 towards the creation of the proposed outdoor arts piece, professional mentoring from the festivals and each of the partnership networks and a four day residency at Ormidale House in rural Argyll, Scotland in January 2023. Travel, accommodation and per diems are provided for both the residency and the tour.
- Present an idea for a new small-scale outdoor arts performance piece
- Between 1-3 performers in the piece (all artists must be confirmed by the applicant before applying)
- All artists must be available for all four festivals:
- 29th – 30th July (Surge Festival, Scotland)
- 4th – 6th August (Spraoi Festival, Ireland)
- 17th – 20th August (Green Man Festival, Wales)
- 15th – 17th September (Out There Festival, England)
WE WILL OFFER:
- A structured residency in a rural location in Scotland
- Professional mentoring from Surge, Out There, Spraoi Studios and Articulture in creation, producing, marketing and guerrilla filmaking
- £5000 budget
- Travel, accommodation and per diems plus £100 per day fee (per artist) at the festivals
The Four Nations Bursary values diversity and promotes equality and inclusion. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, and encourage those from groups currently underrepresented in the outdoor arts.
Please note that the scale and content of this project is dependent on certain funding outcomes
For artists BASED IN WALES, please email a short proposal (approx. 500 words) and a short bio for each performer/collaborator (approx. 100 words each) to email@example.com. Your application can be in whichever format is most accessible for you – that could be the written word, a short video or a voice recording.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Zoe Munn on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone/text/WhatsApp on 07939 052899
We’d love to hear about your idea before you apply and we can support you in making your application – just get in touch asap and we can arrange a chat.
For artists based in England contact email@example.com by 13th November
For artists based in Scotland contact firstname.lastname@example.org by 13th November
For artists based in Ireland contact email@example.com by 13th November
The Welsh application deadline is 5pm on Thursday 17th November