Thu 29 September 2022
09:30 – 16:30
Join Articulture and WOAC for a day of relaxed networking and pitching at Chapter in Cardiff, as part of #OpenOut2022.
An event for everybody interested in the outdoor arts in Wales – those with the beginnings of ideas, those wanting to expand their networks, those with work ready to pitch.
There will be both structured and free-form opportunities to link up with other artists, producers and programmers. The aim of the day is to support the development of new, cross-sector connections.
There will be opportunities to take part in –
- Speed-networking (4-minute meets, speed-dating style)
- Pitching (present your idea or a finished piece)
- ACW mini-meets (discuss an idea with an ACW rep)
- Visual Marketplace (space to pin-up your ideas, sparking conversation)
All those interested in creating and programming outdoor arts are welcome.
Representatives from Articulture, WOAC (the Wales Outdoor Arts Consortium) and Arts Council Wales will be in attendance.
This event is free. Those wanting to attend will need to book via Eventbrite, *here*.
As capacity is limited we ask that, should you no longer be able to attend, you request a ‘refund’ for your ticket via Eventbrite as soon as possible.
You may be eligible for a travel bursary to attend this event, especially if you live outside of Cardiff and/or feel that you would not be able to attend without financial support.
Travel bursaries are available on a first come first serve basis.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
Speed-networking is a structured process that facilitates introductions and conversations between people. You will be matched with up to 6 different people, and will have 4 minutes with each to introduce yourself, your work and exchange contact information.
To sign-up for the speed-networking element of the day, please tick the appropriate box when booking your ticket via Eventbrite.
Pitching is an opportunity to present ‘projects in development’ to people who could potentially commission, present or support it in other ways.
If you wish to pitch a project or idea at this event, please register your interest using this online *form*.
Ten artists/producers will be invited to pitch at this event. We will endeavour to select participants from a range of career points, backgrounds and locations in Wales.
About the pitches –
* Each pitch will run for a maximum of 7 minutes
* You may pitch alone, as a duo or in a group
* It is recommended to use visual material, film or photographs in your presentation
* The pitches will be video-recorded for the participants’ use.
Timeline / deadlines –
* The deadline to register your interest in pitching is midday, Monday 5th September
* We will inform you of the outcome by Thursday 8th September at the latest
* Selected pitches will be invited to attend a ‘pitch development session’ with Articulture via Zoom, during the week of September 19-23. This will be an opportunity to try your pitch out and get feedback, the week before the event.
Whatever your background or needs we would like you to feel at home taking part in this event. We welcome conversations with you about what you need to take part. Just contact Carys for a chat – email@example.com / 07504501507
Within Articulture itself we celebrate and support the diversity of our team, including those that identify as Disabled and Queer. We aim for our activities to also be inclusive.
If you have any questions about this event contact Carys Mol on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone / text / WhatsApp on 07504501507
This event, part of #OpenOut2022, is supported by the Arts Council of Wales, Articulture and the Wales Outdoor Arts Consortium.
Image Credit: Dan Boyinton